We were asked to explain the different parts of a statement job when there was a mix of incoming files, instructions and marketing requirements. The following is a REAL example and illustrates how to tie marketing to a critical delivery document across mail and electronic delivery channels.
For a closer look at how it’s done, please drop us a message on our Contact page.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Merge STATEMENT, CREDIT CARD and REWARDS files.
- Deliver eStatements and Traditional Mail per enrollment matrix.
- Return PDF Archive with Indexing for in-house archive import.
- Apply targeted promotional messages, including one "pre-approval" message.
- Build a loan "pre-approval" Attachment/Offering and link to qualifying accounts.
- Insert/link targeted flyer for a geographic area.
- Imprint envelopes/announce pre-qualified loan approval.
- Pre-print and publish monthly newsletter.
IT BREAKS DOWN AS FOLLOWS:
Primary Input Files:
- Statement file
- Credit Card file
- 3rd Party Rewards file
Marketing Lists (csv format):
- Auto Loan Pre-Approval file (account number, amount and interest rate)
- Kids Newsletter file (account number)
- Checking Account file (account number)
- Targeted ZIP file
Marketing Artwork (PDF or other format):
- 3 graphic message images (for top of statement)
- 1 (PDF) file (for attachment document)
- 2 graphic files for Newsletter printing
- 1 graphic image (for targeted envelope press-print)
- Messaging priority (which messages take precedence over others)
Production Documents Generated
- E-Statements (PDF and HTML) - posted for both Statement and Credit Card accounts
- Print/Mail (Laser Print) - qualified "mail only" statements
- Newsletter (PDF for Web) - applied to Online Statements site
- Newsletter (Press/Mailshop) - inserted to Mail statements
- Imprinted Envelopes (Press/Mailshop) - printed and applied to qualifying mail pieces
- Pre-Approval Attachment (PDF for Web) - posted to Online Statements
- Pre-Approval Attachment (Laser Print) - printed inline with statement(s)
- New Branch Insert (PDF or HTML) - applied to Online Statement)
- New Branch Insert (Press) - directed to mailshop
- Archive Export (PDF) - with indexing to fit client in-house platform